Friday, September 12, 2008

friday night mumblings

What is up with these gas prices? This morning it was $3.57 at the cheapest station on my trek to work, and this afternoon it's $3.89. And the news reports that it could go up another dollar tomorrow. Ridiculous!

This has cost me a trip to Oxford to hang with my brother. I was really looking forward to hanging with him tonight, but I can't justify it. Also, I need to clean up my apartment. I stayed up pretty late last night washing dishes (I'm a bachelor, alright? Dishes pile up...).

So why the cleaning? Glad you asked. I'm being ordained as a deacon in my church this Sunday. My grandparents are coming, as are other various family members and friends. I'm really pretty excited about it. It wasn't the easiest road to this point. Last year I was nominated, and even asked, and though I was skeptical, I said yes. Deaconship seemed like such a big thing, something I wasn't at all ready for. But I could feel the Spirit saying, "Do it, stupid!"...so I did. And I got rejected because of some craziness (and politics) that would take too long to type out.

Then this year I'm nominated again. I accept and the rest is (almost) history. I'm a little intimidated, because I have a big interview to go to on Sunday afternoon. But I'm trying not to sweat it too much.

I'm guessing I should find something to eat tonight. Maybe I'll even rent a movie. Or learn a new song. Who knows? The night is as open as my relationship status! (Thanks, Tobias Funke...)

No comments: