Monday, September 22, 2008

some of my old school art and such

I found a notebook at my parents house yesterday. This notebook had a lot of old artwork and stuff I did back in 1998. I decided to scan some of it and post it for the world (or more likely, two or three people) to see.

I called this one "Life on the Farm". I wrote a little essay along with it where I was brutally honest. I said that I had no plan, just cut out some pictures and glued them down...amazingly, they all kinda gelled. Then I did a couple variations.


Notice the Incredible Hulk down on the bottom right corner.

Here's an example of symmetry, using the Batman symbol. How much cooler would Batman be if he wore these colors??


My art teacher Sue Rowland had this cow skull for years. She's retired now, but I bet it's still sitting on her fireplace.


I've been trying to figure out who this guy is. I'm thinking Ben Franklin or Thomas Jefferson. My brother says the Quaker Oats guy. You tell me.

This one I'm actually kinda proud of. I used to love landscapes and colored pencils...so this kinda went hand in hand.

And this is what I looked like back then. I had the old school short sleeved hoodie and flipped up hair-do. I was awesome.


There are more pics on my Facebook...and if you're not on Facebook, you can still view the album here.

It was pretty cool going back and seeing that old stuff. Right now I'm working on a painting from last year's trip to Colorado. I have other paintings and scratch-art that I'll have to upload soon. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Christy Merry said...

This is a cool post - thx for sharing! When I'd asked some folks once what they wanted to see more of on my blog, one of the faves was my own poems(/creativity). So, I vote for more of this on yours! :) (y'know, if you're taking votes)