Wednesday, September 24, 2008

deacon ordination

I was ordained as Deacon at Spring Hill Baptist Church on September 14, 2008. This is pretty significant because I have gone to this church since...um...birth. Also, I'm single and pretty young. My church still nominated, voted, and ordained me and I am very thankful for that. The service was really nice, and a lot of my family and friends got to come. My grandma Louise (my dad's mother) came, as did my grandparents on my mom's side (Howard and Eileen). My aunt Marie and her husband Tony got to make it as well. Of course my youth were present, as were old friends Jason Carter, Justin Curtis, Tiffany Wilson, Trey Hill, Matt Lott, and Ben. It was a really great day and having these people around made it even better.

This is the ordination council with me after the service was over. From left to right (starting in the back row): Davey Newman, Blaine Davis, Bobby Snow, Jim Robinson, Andy Haney, Ray Minor, and Frankie Richardson. Front row: Jim Burke, Chuck Fowler, Adam Robinson, Tres Foley, and Bart Garner.


During the service, a few different things went on...my youth did a skit which was pretty powerful about laying down your burdens at the foot of the cross (you can see the cross behind us in all the pics). My dad also sang a song, which was great because he has a really awesome voice. He also has inspired me to start singing here recently.


Like I mentioned earlier, it was great to have my family come support me. Here they are, for your viewing pleasure. Starting in the back row: Tony (my aunt Marie's husband), my Grandma Louise Allen, me, Grandma Eileen Wyman, Grandpa Howard Wyman. Front row: Aunt Marie, Dad (Jim Robinson), Mom (Penne Robinson), and Ben Robinson (my bro).


We had the chance to do a pic with all of the original youth group at SHBC. Pictured here (doing our normal "Wolfpac" hand sign) are: Justin Curtis, Walker Dodson, me, Jason Carter, Ben Robinson, Corey Garner, and Tiffany Wilson in the front.


And last but not least, here are (some of) my youth today. Of course they're doing their goofy pic, which I wouldn't expect any different from them. Left to right: Thomas Garner, Corey Garner, Alex Miller, James Dykes, B.J. Snow, me (playing the straight man), Kaitlyn Skelton, Destany Oswalt, Hayley Davis, and Rachel Smith.


Once again, these are on my Facebook and also once again, if you don't have Facebook, you can use this link to see the album.

It was a great day that I won't soon forget. Thanks to all who came/prayed/thought about me during this time!

1 comment:

Alex Fancher said...

I know I'm kinda late on sayin' this, but I'm proud of you kid & sorry I didn't make it! And... you crack me up.