Monday, May 10, 2010

weekend in review...plus...the future!

I have yet another new Examiner.com article to share with you guys: Awaken 2010.

I had a great weekend. Friday night I went to eat with friends Clay & Whitney Taylor and Andy Stevens at a very good Mexican place in Southaven. We had a good time chatting about the goings-on of the day, and later looked at the new home Clay and Whitney closed on and are soon to move in to. After that, Clay, Andy, and I watched Iron Man 2. And I loved it. Robert Downey Jr. is so funny and effortless as Tony Stark. Amazing movie.

Saturday I rode with Clay to Tupelo where we hung out with his family and went to a great little restaurant called Comer's. They had amazing catfish! Afterward we went to the Davis Event Center in Fulton to see Awaken 2010 (which you can read my review of at the link above). Clay's dad and sister performed in one of the local church bands, and we got to go backstage for a bit after they finished. It was cool to see some of these bands just being normal people...and even though I was standing next to Shane Barnard (of Shane and Shane), I didn't get to talk to him. I'd probably have to thank him for writing great songs that I play almost weekly...but I didn't get a chance. Still, we got to talk with a local rap group Notus who were very cool. I'm going to try and interview them for an upcoming article.

Which made me think...I need business cards. I want to be a writer, and it would give me a little credibility, I think.

Also, my mom gave me a good idea the other day. She said I should start working on a book. I would love to, and I think I have the perfect subject. More on that later.

In other news, I was accepted to Blue Mountain College on Friday! I am very excited. There was doubt I'd get in, since my last semester at Ole Miss (back in 2004) I pretty much squandered. But I'm excited to give it another shot!

In the meantime I will continue updating and blogging and writing and living life knowing that good things are on the horizon. Thanks for reading, chaps.

1 comment:

Matty K said...

Cool blog. I read your article over at the examiner. You've just started writing for them? my blog is over at truthpuritylife.blogspot.com

Keep up the good work!