Tuesday, May 4, 2010

tuesday revelations: can you burden God?

I applied to Blue Mountain College last month and they needed my immunization records. I took them over this morning after a night of what some would call insomnia. I seriously could not sleep last night...I've been sort of down & out/sickly with a cold which has led to a couple days of sleeping in. That's not really a good thing though. I'm sort of like a zombie at the moment (which reminds me, read my last post on my top 5 books! You'll see why that mental correlation happened).

Anyway, I made the trip to Blue Mountain and along the way had a real heart-to-heart with God. I have a lot going on at the moment, what with no job and trying to get into school again after 6 years. I felt somewhat better but still I had the notion that my life was going to the pits and nothing could change that fact. I felt like I was burdening God with my prayers and that I didn't deserve healing like I'd asked for.

After I finished up at Blue Mountain, I headed home. In a twist that I can only chalk up to sleep deprivation/divine intervention, I took a wrong turn and ended up doubling my drive back to my apartment. I surfed stations on my Sirius radio trying to pass the time, all the while still feeling downtrodden. As I turned to The Message, the Christian radio station, I heard a couple songs that started turning my mood around.

The most powerful song I heard was Amy Grant's new single, "Better Than A Hallelujah". In this song, she sings about how sometimes the cries of the hurting and broken are like beautiful melodies in God's ears. Well, just listen for yourself.



The song really touched me and in a very real way, I felt release. I have faith that my God is bigger than my current plight and will deliver me in one way or another. I just have to trust and believe...and know that He is never burdened with my life.

No comments: