Friday, August 13, 2010

my spiritual gift is clumsiness


Thank God that He gifted me with clumsiness. But more on that later.

I went to my old high school this morning to speak to the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). I thought about what to speak on for a few days, and then it came to me almost immediately. Encouragement. If there was any message I needed to hear in my high school days, it was to stay encouraged in my faith. I used the following three verses:


“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:19

“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

"For I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" - Phil 4:13


I also touched on the act of trusting God totally, which is something new to me in my personal relationship with Christ. To act every day knowing that He has your best interests in His heart and that He will protect you.


The talk went really well. I got to see many of my church kids in a different setting than usual...school. It was kinda funny, actually. I spent time talking to them and some of my old teachers who are still around 10 years later. All in all it was a really good morning.


Then, clumsiness struck.


As I parked my car and began walking across the street to my apartment, I dropped my keys on the curb. This has been happening to me a lot over the past week. I stopped and picked them up, wondering how I even dropped them in the first place. As I bent down, I felt a sudden rush of wind. I looked up to see a car zooming past just inches from me. I had completely not seen this car a second before. 


God made me clumsy. And today it saved my life.

No comments: