Tuesday, April 7, 2009

weekend & thoughts

This past weekend, I was part of a great Disciple Now in Batesville. My bud Soul Train, who is youth pastor in Crowder, MS, asked me to come hang out and help teach his boys during the weekend.

I had some great kids. Ben, Tanner, Cole, Will, and B.J. were all very respectful, good guys who kinda helped in recharging my batteries. I've been running on low here lately, what with all the family stuff going on. Todd Agnew brought the music and speaking, and actually influenced me in my own music ministry. His band was really cool...stripped down yet it still sounded full. He played electric guitar, had a drummer and a bassist. That was it. I dug it. I'm going to try and incorporate both different songs and style in our worship, maybe even starting at band practice tonight.

In other news:

I went to my brother's house after the weekend and watched TV/WrestleMania with him Sunday night. Thanks so much for the prayers. It was good to see him up and going again.

In a throwback to my last post, a few different people told me I shouldn't support LiveStrong because Lance Armstrong is an athiest. Well, I researched and he's actually agnostic. So our religious views don't match up. I say, big deal. I'm supporting his charity, not his faith. Besides, how can we as Christians be influences to other people if we just shun them? Seems like faulty thinking to me.

Friday night at Wall Doxey State Park, we're having a communion service at 7:00 PM (I think...could be 7:30). I'll be playing a few songs, we'll have a speaker, and you should come if you're around.

And finally, the new U2 album is very very good.

2 comments:

Goose said...

If I were to say not to support him, it wouldn't be due to his faith (or lack thereof), but because he left his wife and kids for a fling with a pop star. Very irresponsible and selfish, all in the light of being a role model and a hero even. Shame on him [And her - I'll never listen to Cheryl Crow again (though not only because of this).]

Adam Robinson said...

Solid points, Andy, but once again I'm supporting the cause, not him. I'll agree though that he could use better discretion in his decision making. And I don't listen to Sheryl Crow either...but that's just because I like good music.