Monday, April 27, 2009

new stuff

This weekend was awesome. Double Decker was amazingly fun, and I saw a bunch of my friends who I haven't hung with in a long time.

I broke my iPhone last week. I found a website that sells iPhones for a very reasonable price...but it's from China and the site is in all sorts of broken English. If you have any leads, hook a brother up! This Go Phone isn't going to last too much longer.

The music for the SMASH Band is also still going swimmingly. I may have jumped the gun on announcing that I was doing music for camp this year...I was a back up. Instead, my good friend Ben Lane will be leading us, which gives me the opportunity to jam with him and also relieves my responsibilities as I will also be a counselor.

I ran into a former youth the other night that said he remembered something I told them once in a lesson. I was flattered...I thought to myself, "Wow, I'm making a difference!" He went on to say it was once when I was complaining about how slow people drive in Holly Springs. He just moved to town and has experienced it for himself. So, it wasn't that profound...but at least he remembered something!

I just tried the new Hot Pocket steak and cheese panini. I had high hopes but they definitely fell flat. Steer clear of that one.

To close, you should all get on Twitter. It has really taken over my life. That actually sounds bad...it doesn't say much for my life...

Oh wait, I can't stop writing without giving some music recommendations. This is what I'm currently listening to:

The Fray- The Fray (album)
Jason Mraz - "Make it Mine"
Barenaked Ladies - Au Naturale (album)
Ryan Adams - "Like a Fool"
Silversun Pickups - Swoon (album)

1 comment:

aStoryofCorrie said...

I thought I would hate Twitter...but I really really like the simplicity of it. Surprising. But glad you are still blogging :-)