Tuesday, October 21, 2008

vacation recap

Well, I had an amazing vacation last week. I went to West Palm Beach, Florida (or more specifically, Jupiter) to visit one of my oldest and dearest friends, Corrie Edwards. After toiling months and months without end here in Mississippi, a nice trip is just what I needed.

So I flew down on Saturday and immediately we went to the beach. I got the opportunity to blind locals and tourists alike with my white body, but soon enough I got a nice tan/burn combination going on.

Sunday we went to Corrie's church, where I turned in an information card and, upon returning home, had a letter and a Starbucks giftcard waiting on me. Talk about an outreach team...

Most of the week was spent on the beach, soaking up the sun and taking on some waves. It was incredible. I seriously fell in love with an entire state in the course of a week. Everyone I met was really nice, too. Although, I tried holding the door for a few people and they looked at me as if I had a crab hanging off my face. Also, I got honked at and flipped off within the first 10 seconds of driving down there. The people definitely aren't as laid back as they are back home, so I had to be aggressive. Since returning home, my hand has hit the horn quite a few times. Sorry, Mississippi.

Another thing about Florida...I don't think a minute goes by when Lil' Wayne isn't on the radio. Either him or Pink singing her song, "So What?", which features the amazingly well written line "...and you're a tool so, so what? I'm still a rock star...". But as dumb as that song is, it was in our heads all week.

While I'm on the subject of radios, Corrie hit me with a great joke one day. While flipping through the stations, she stopped on a country song and said, without pause, "You homesick?". I wanted to make a great comeback but it was no use. She got me. There were other good jokes, too...I'll just have to remember them.

Other cool stuff we did...looked at the local landmark lighthouse (from a distance), saw two sharks, visited a turtle hospital, ate at cool restaurants (Hurricane's sticks out in my head), saw two bands play, and watched Desperate Housewives. Yeah, I watched it. And Eva is still hot as a slightly thicker lady.

So, in other words, I loved Florida. I think I will move there. Seriously.


Pics:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh fun!!!!!


oh yeah...TAG! you're it! go to my blog to find out more of the rules....its really kinda of fun! check it out...

{xoxo}