Monday, October 27, 2008

feel the burn

Over the last week, I have subscribed to a popular form of self-torture. Running.

In March I'm going skiing again. Last year my stamina wasn't that great and I would be wiped out halfway down the mountain. That's not good. So, since I have also put on some weight over the past year, I decided to get my act together and start working out. And man am I paying for it.

Saturday I ran around this local football field a few times. I was out of breath but really felt like I accomplished something. Then I got home and hit the Bowflex. I was jazzed...until about 4 AM Sunday morning. I woke up with cramps and pains I hadn't felt in a looooong time. Needless to say I didn't sleep at all after that.

But today I ran a little farther...lifted a little more...and I feel like I'm on the way to a better, healthier me. 

It just friggin' hurts.

3 comments:

aStoryofCorrie said...

haha. sorry. ouch. make sure you have good shoes and stretch afterwards- hold everything for 30 seconds+

Adam Robinson said...

yeah thanks...i did some good stretches and i have some really good running shoes! i'm just having to readjust my body to activity...

Clay said...

man, i feel your pain. i used to run 70 miles a week. it was tough. now, i'm a big fat fatty....