Friday, October 31, 2008

tired of pain

Amazingly, the self-torture I spoke of in the last post has given birth to another type of bodily misery...kidney stones.

I have had kidney stones off and on for about 4 years now. Most of them are attributed to carbonated drinks (Coke, how I love you...) and too much calcium (milk? cheese? I dunno). So now and again I'll go on hiatus from fizzy drinks to cleanse my body. And since I've been running in addition to chugging water daily, stones that have been dormant in my kidneys have decided to escape. Wednesday afternoon the pain was pretty much unbearable. I went home from work an hour early to go home and roll around on my floor while making ungodly noises. I eventually got some medication to knock me out. Later that night I passed a stone. One word: ouch.

At 2 AM Thursday, however, I had another pain in my back. I got up and took another pill to allow myself to sleep. I went to work later on and was in a drug-induced daze all day long. After work I went home and crashed for a couple hours. Then, miraculously, I felt all better.

Now here I am today, knowing that there's a stone inside me that is just waiting. I want it to get out, but I know that's not really up to me. Ah well. Maybe it'll hit me on this Halloween night and I can scare small children with my screams...

1 comment:

Goose said...

Dang man, that really sucks. Sorry :(

I keep forgetting about this blog, and keep wondering why Xanga is boring to me now. I think the two may be related. My Xanga may not last much longer...