Monday, October 6, 2008

my itchy invention

My arm is itching like crazy, and I can only blame myself.

I have decided to try and conserve some energy (as well as some $$$) and not run my air conditioner so much. This has worked in my favor here lately, because the weather has turned a good bit cooler. So to keep some fresh, cool air in my apartment, I came up with this brilliant plan.

As you can see, the fan is in the open window. Blocking any further entry is a piece of cardboard which I cleverly cut with scissors (also visible). The feeling of cold air being pushed through the flowing box fan is really really great. But as you may be able to see, on the bottom left side there is a hole. This hole obviously let some pesky mosquitoes in, which chewed the heck out of me last night.

And now here I am at work, rubbing my arm furiously and wishing I had a number for a good exterminator.


Next post: the geek/game room.

No comments: