Saturday, March 27, 2010

shamWHY?

Thursday night, at Blaine & Lena's, we had a leadership meeting. It was great, we bounced ideas and thoughts around and were having good conversation.

But ideas weren't the only thing I was bouncing.

At some point I had absentmindedly (is that one word? Ah who cares...) taken a swig of my Vitamin Water (yes I'm addicted) and forgotten to screw the cap back on. So as I'm fidgeting around on the couch, I kick over the bottle and V-Water goes everywhere. In the carpet, on a rug...everywhere. I jump up and say my "I'm sorry"s, and immediately a thought pops in my head. A thought I never thought I would think. (What a confusing sentence that is.)

My thought? "I wish I had a ShamWow right now."

Really? That's the first thing I think? What's up with that? I know one thing. That Vince guy is quite a marketer. I mean, I tried the whole "ShamWow Absorbing Drink Through Carpet" with a friend...and an old piece of carpet...only to find that it didn't quite work that well.

So why did my mind immediately jump to ShamWow?

Beats me. Or should I say "slices & dices me", you know, like the SlapChop...Vince's other product?

No, I shouldn't say that.

No comments: