Monday, December 1, 2008

a new leaf. dieting. yeech.

This weekend, it hit me. I had to buy new pants that fit better.

After that, I went to the store and bought a scale. I decided to find out exactly how much I weighed and then find out my ideal weight. Based on my height (5' 10") I should weigh around 180 pounds. I looked that up last night. I didn't get on the scale until today.

I weighed in at 200 even. That is the most I have ever weighed in my life. I feel self-conscious, my legs and stomach have gotten the most of the extra weight. Every once in a while I get told that I've "really put on weight" lately. It's been within the past few years. I weighed 150 lbs. just 4 years ago. There are different reasons why I haven't kept the weight off, whether it be general laziness or stress or whatever. I'm sick of it though, and it needs to go.

However, I have no one to keep me in check. That's where this blog comes in. I will weigh myself every Friday and discuss my week in dieting/exercise. I hope to lose the weight in a few months. I'm smart enough to know to pace myself, and don't want to binge. I want a healthy lifestyle and a weight I can manage.

So if anyone reading this knows any tips that could be benificial to me, please let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Eliminate Soft Drinks -- if you can drink water at meals, even better

2. No alcohol

3. No snacking -- especially after supper.

4. Eat what you want for the 3 meals a day, but eat slow, and stop when you're satisfied, and not when you feel full.

Adam Robinson said...

Thanks Jeff...I've been drinking only water and juices. I've replaced a lot of the junk I was eating with high-fiber foods (like nuts and berries, pears, stuff like that). My problem is finding time to exercise and also to not snack after dinner. That's so hard to do...