Friday, February 6, 2009

daniel fast

“In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” Daniel 10:2, 3

I'm on day 5 of my 21 day Daniel fast. I'm not necessarily mourning, but I am in deep prayer over certain things, people, and situations in my life. For example, I'm using this to further my dieting (down to 182, btw) as well as to heal myself from kidney stones. And I'm finding that things are coming to me more easily when I'm fasting. Our music at church the other night was really good...and I'm not being arrogant. Words just came out of my mouth with more meaning. My guitar sounded much better than usual. There was feeling...yearning...hunger.

Last night I sat down and wrote part of a song. I haven't been able to do that in a long time! I have been truly inspired.

Also yesterday, my kidney stone decided to try and hurt. Rather than take a pill, I stopped and prayed. Hard. I laid down on my couch and closed my eyes. After a few minutes I didn't hurt anymore. How about that?

As for the food...I'm not giving up on food all together. What I eat are very simple things. I will eat vegetable soups, vegetables alone, fruit...and that's about it. Other than water. No meats, breads, flavored drinks (except smoothies...they're OK. Though I doubt Daniel had smoothies.).

The good thing is that I already feel better and more refreshed. I'll keep the blog updated on my status.

No comments: