Thursday, February 19, 2009

another update...

First off, I'm on Twitter now, so if you do that sort of thing...let's follow each other.

Second, I cut all my hair off. It had gotten pretty long, with the front bangs grown out to the point where they looked decent. It was just too high maintenance for me at this point, and I kind of like the short look. However, teenagers don't. I went to church last night and was setting up for our music and was practically booed out of the building! Teenagers are all about appearance, you know. One girl wouldn't speak to me (!!!) and another asked, "Do you even WANT a girlfriend?!?". I had to laugh at that. Teenagers are funny.

Let's see...other news...I may be going to see the Flight of the Conchords in April in Nashville. I am helping with a D-Now in mid-April that has Todd Agnew as the speaker/worship leader. I have never really been a big Agnew fan, but I am into music...so it couldn't hurt! Plus, those are fun to work anyway.

Also, I'm making my second ski trip to Breckinridge in two weeks. I have been working out and training for this trip for a few months, and still don't feel like I'm ready. We'll see when the time comes, though.

I've made some cool purchases here lately, too. I bought an ION USB Turntable. I have quite a few vinyl albums that I either don't have, can't find, or don't want to buy on CD/mp3. This record player plugs into my computer and I can record the songs into iTunes. Pretty awesome.

Another cool thing I found was a Garmin Nuvi 255W GPS at the soon-to-be-out-of-business Circuit City for $175.00 as opposed to the regular $279.00. My brother got one for Christmas and I've kinda had GPS envy. This was a good find.

I also started a new doctor in Southaven, who seems to think I can kick this kidney stone trouble once and for all. That's refreshing. A cool thing about going to see him is that I can visit one of my favorite little record shops, Disc-O-Tech. It's such a cool little dive place. I found some good music there this week, including a disc from this blues musician by the name of Robert Cray. I went to see him play at Ole Miss a few months ago and the guy was awesome. So that is my music recommendation for the day. "Heavy Picks" by Robert Cray. He's been around since the '70s and still sounds as relevant as ever.

No comments: