Thursday, January 22, 2009

ramblings

My gosh, can you believe the media buzz that is surrounding Obama? I wish him all the luck in the world but the guy's got some heavy years ahead of him. HBO had a concert special all day long on Sunday, and the inauguration was an event like I'd never seen before. I don't recall that many people going to see George W. be inaugurated, or Clinton for that matter. I just know that now the festivities are over and the pressure is on. Best of luck, Barack.

In other news, I have decided one thing for my future. I will not name my son(s) (if I have any) a name like Jaden...nothing cutesy. No offense to anyone with those names, but I just can't see a full grown man introducing himself as Jaden. I think my son would despise me in the future.

I haven't made any living arrangement decisions. I don't know if I will move to that house I mentioned before or not. Not that anything is wrong with it, just I haven't heard anything else out of the guy who is vacating it. Besides that, I've got my apartment almost exactly the way I wanted it. My landlord has fixed all the problems (broken downstairs glass door, big florescent light bulbs that needed to be replaced, etc.) and I'm kind of comfortable living there. It's definitely a bachelor pad, though. Most people who come up and see the place generally like it, except for most girls who get freaked out by the big bathtub (which an old man died in, actually) with the feet on it. I know that it's no place to raise a family, but I don't exactly have one at this point. It's a good place to live my bachelor years.

My diet/exercise program is still ticking. I have noticed some results, but nothing drastic. Time will tell, however. I watched a show the other night called "Half Ton Mom" about a woman who was 800 lbs. She underwent gastric bypass surgery and then died later of heart complications. But she tried, and while I'm still under 200, it made me decide to stick to keeping myself healthy.

It's become somewhat of a tradition for me to close with a music recommendation. I'm hammering a song into my head here lately...it's called "My Heart, Your Home" by Watermark. Lena is wanting me to learn the guitar parts to it so we can perform it some Sunday morning. It has some complex guitar techniques that is really challenging me. Anyway, it's a good song and you should check it out.

Until next time...stay classy, bloggers.

No comments: